There are lots of people who like to have coffee in the morning. If you use coffee maker in your house then you know how difficult is to make the system brewing everyday in the morning. You can imagine the fear of losing your coffee maker. Nobody likes to make coffee without coffee maker. So we can clearly state that it is one of the most important element in our daily life and in order to keep it in good working condition we need to clean it properly after particular interval of time.
The machines getting lot of use in our daily life need proper treatments so that they can make our day complete. We should clean these electrical equipments properly to make them work for long time.
How to Clean a Keurig Coffee Maker
Keurig Coffee maker is one of the finest coffee maker in the market and like other coffee maker this also need some maintenance. In this article, we will discuss about the proper cleaning process of this amazing equipment. We will give you proper guidelines to clean this device at your home.
What You Need?
In order to clean this, we need some basic things like Soap, White Vinegar, water, and clean and dry clothes.
Instructions: Here we have proper instruction to clean this machine.
- Unplug the machine: firstly, we should unplug Coffee maker to make it safe for us.
- Disassemble and wash removable parts: Remove and wash the removable parts like water reservoir and lid, mug stand, and also the K-cup holder with warm and soapy water.
- Wipe machine surface: Then wipe the outer surface of the machine with clean cloth. Never forget the area around the coffee pot holder. Here lots of coffee and tea granules get collected. Assemble all the removable parts and plug the coffee maker.
- Use Vinegar: You can use white distilled vinegar to remove the scales from your coffee maker. Then you need to fill up the water reservoir halfway with vinegar.
- Add water: Then add water to the rest of the reservoir and mix it properly.
- Run the machine: You need to begin the brew cycle without inserting a K-cup. Repeat this process until reservoir is empty (discard the mug contents smoothly after each brewing cycle). This activity will help you to eliminate the scales and lime. Keurig recommends that you should de-scale the brewer in every three to six months.
- Repeat rinse with water: You should repeat this activity with the water as it will remove residuals vinegar taste.
That’s how you can clear your Keurig coffee maker at your home within very easy steps without any hassle.