The Samsung Galaxy S8, launched in March 2017 comes with a 5.8 inch touchscreen display and has a phenomenal camera quality. Taking a screenshot earlier on the Samsung smartphones was easier by pressing the power and home button at the same time until the launch of Galaxy S8. Here are a few ways to take a screenshot on Galaxy S8 device:
Taking a Screenshot on Galaxy S8
The first method is to use the old way of taking a screenshot. Press and hold the volume and power buttons at the same time until there is a camera shutter sound and you see an animation. You can find the image saved in your phone’s gallery.
Palm Swipe to Capture
- For capturing screenshots, most of the Samsung devices come with a gesture which lets you swipe the screen with the edge of your palm from left to right or right to left.
- To use this gesture, go to the settings option and tap on the advanced features menu.
- Toggle the “Palm swipe to capture” option to on and you get to see a visual example of how this gesture works at the top.
- Now you can go to the screen or App you want to capture and just swipe either from left to right or right to left with the edge of your palm and you will get your screenshot captured.
You May Also Like : How To Take Screenshot on LG G5 ?
Multiple Screenshot Feature
Sometimes you might want to capture more than what you just see on your screen. It allows you to take a scrolling screenshot instead of taking multiple screenshot on Galaxy S8.
- Using the scroll capture option, one can capture an entire webpage or a long list.
- To use the scroll capture option, take a screenshot as usual in a long webpage.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can see the scroll option.
- Click on this button and the phone scrolls down to capture more content.
- Just tap at the point until where you want to capture the screen and save it.
- Sometimes scrolling screenshots can be very large and the resolution goes down unlike the resolutions for single screenshots.
Tools to take Screenshot :
There are many more screenshot tools available in the Edge screen for which you need to activate the Smart Select Panel in the settings. Once you enable this option, open the Screen Edge and you need to swipe over to find Smart Select.